Have y’all heard about the Southern Slipcover madness over at LS Slipcovers?
You know how I love LS Slipcovers from my post here! Remember this amazing chair she did for me! Can you even believe the base of that chair is from IKEA..hours of handwork and talent!
Well if you thought “I wish they lived in my town” well now you are in luck… LS Slipcovers is visiting the Deep South! They are calling it the “Dixie Stampede” and its awesome if you live in or near one of the cities listed below. THEY ARE COMING TO YOU! Nathan and Laura and their team have so much energy and they have gotten so many requests for slipcovers in Southern states they are hitting the road to make it happen!
If you visit their KICKSTARTER page here you can learn more about the process and how to get started even if you are just interested. I had never even heard of Kickstarter, but again Laura and Nathan are so smart. The way this trip works is you commit with Kickstarter but you aren’t actually charged your deposit unless the trip “makes” and they are “for sure” coming..that way they don’t have to charge you and then refund you. Basically he process goes like this:
(1) EMAIL Nathan at LS Slipcovers with photos and dimensions of your furniture that you would like slipped. He will ask you what kind of fabric and style you have in mind and give you an ESTIMATE, their contact info is on their website here.
(2) RECEIVE ESTIMATE and if you decide it is something you want to commit too then you go onto their KICKSTARTER page HERE and “pledge” which is basically like your deposit
(3) WAIT until you here for certain their trip has met its GOAL and is def happening (kind of like waiting to see if one of those upper level classes in your major is going to “make” so you can take the class and graduate on time)
(4) Once you know for sure they are coming to your Southern city (and it looks like its happening y’all) they will INVOICE you!
(5) Then they will SCHEDULE a day to be at your house….COME TO YOUR HOME!
(6) Laura and Nathan will arrive and PINFIT your sofa with the fabric y’all have discussed and chosen. You can watch a video of the “pin fit” on the kickstarter page or their website
(7) Then y’all hug and say GOOD BYE and they go on their way with your pattern and fabric!
(8) And then you will receive in the MAIL your FINISHED SLIPCOVER!
Here is a photo of Laura pin fitting MY custom sofas made by her mother Gracie of Gracie’s Custom Interiors. What a talented family! I can’t wait to see them soon in our new home!
And here is a photo of her pin-fitting at my friend Becki’s house!
Recently she travelled to Oklahoma to work on my client Stacy’s MAMMOTH red sofa. Staci was so funny asking if it was even possible to make it look good..OH YES!
I will never get tired of watching this process! Love it! And most of all I adore Laura as her person and her work…oh her work! What a good combo!
Of course the best way to keep up with LS is to follow them on Instagram @ LS slipcovers and on Facebook here!
Good luck Nathan and Laura and all of your family and team, I am so excited and inspired by your willingness to set out on new adventures! Y’all embody the American made spirit!